As a DPS magnet school, Denison Montessori has been providing quality education to children from throughout the Denver area since August 1996. Denison’s students are ethnically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse. Denison is widely considered to be a national model for public Montessori education.
Since 1996, Denison Montessori has been:
- selected as a “Great Place to Learn” by the National Search Institute
- a recognized National Montessori Public School Model
- nominated for the John Irwin Colorado Schools of Excellence Award
- named as “one of the best schools in America” by Redbook Magazine
- a recipient of the Edward F. Calesa national “Terrific Teachers” award
- chosen as a developing library for the Power Libraries Program (CSL)
- a recipient of the Exemplary Media Center Program Award (CAC)
Click on the Montessori Philosophy page to read more about the curriculum and the history of Montessori.
Our beautiful campus has a new Learning Landscape, Global Garden, Habitat area and a Japanese Garden. More information and photos of the campus are available on the Garden & Habitat link.
We have dedicated teachers who are specially trained in Montessori teaching methods. The classrooms also have a paraprofessional to assist. See our Staff page for more details.
We also offer onsite before and after school child care through Kaleidoscope Corner.
If you would like a tour of Denison Montessori, just call our office to set up a tour or go to http://denison.dpsk12.org/prospective-families.